Aims and thematic scope of the journal
„Wychowanie w rodzinie” (“Family Upbringing”) is a journal dedicated to the problems of the family in the historical and the contemporary approach. The published original articles – written by authors from Poland and other countries who discuss research results as well as theories – constitute a voice in humanities and social sciences discourse on the family. Although the majority of the published papers belong to such branches of social sciences as history of education and pedagogy of the family it is increasingly often that the work of scholars of other sub-disciplines of pedagogy as well as psychology, sociology, archaeology, literary studies, linguistics, and law is presented.
The idea of establishing a journal of a national and – subsequently – international scope presenting a broad approach to the problems of the family in relation to the present and the past originated in the institute of history of education at the Instytut Pedagogiki (Department of Pedagogy) of the University of Wrocław. The intention of the originators was to integrate the representatives of various scientific disciplines around the subject of family upbringing.
The following aims of the journal have been formulated:
- publishing those articles of the representatives of various scientific disciplines concerned with the problems of the family that introduce new content to the sciences and propose practical solutions
- treating the journal as a forum of scientific discourse
- providing information on the research conducted on this subject
- exchange of reflections on the historical and the contemporary family between scientific centres in Poland and abroad
- creating a ground for the reception of historical thought and practices of the past in contemporary theoretical and practical solutions related to support, help, and care for the family
- comparison of the publications on the theory and the practice of family upbringing in the historical and the contemporary context in various countries
- national and international promotion of the achievements of Polish scholars of the theory and the practise of family upbringing
- integration of scientists and practitioners in Poland and abroad.
The original editorial board of the journal included prof. dr hab. Stefania Walasek, prof. dr hab. Alicja Szerląg, dr Leszek Albański, dr Ewa Jurczyk-Romanowska, mgr Stanisław Gola.
The first printed edition of the „Wychowanie w rodzinie” journal was published in the beginning of 2011 and it is considered the original version. Currently the subsequent issues of the journal are also available online on the website: www.wwr.uni.wroc.pl.
The articles published online are open source.
"Wychowanie w Rodzinie"/"Family Upbringing" is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access and Polish copyright law (namely the requirement to provide author's name and place of original publication).